Tuesday 3 April 2012

"If we can save one young person from falling through the cracks, 600 k is not that far..."



Well everyone, today is the day!  After months of training Terry Kratzmann begins his journey across Vancouver Island from tip to tip all in the name of a great cause - KidStart!

In Terry's words:

I volunteered as a KidStart mentor for more than three years. Over that time, the teenage boy I mentored made huge positive changes that his mother described as “beyond my dreams.” Now I want to help the KidStart Mentoring Program continue to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and youth. I will be running Vancouver Island tip to tip in April 2012 to raise awareness and funds for KidStart. I will be joined by friends and running clubs along the way. Please support my efforts with a donation and/or by coming out to cheer me on! “if we can save one young person from falling through the cracks 600 k is not that far...”

Terry begins his run at Cape Scott with Shane Douglas from Courtenay.  Good luck guys!!!

To support Terry, Shane, Jim or any other KidStart runner, please visit our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment